City of Ridgefield logo on flag

Special Event Permit

Special Event Permits are required for gatherings/events held by private groups or organizations that impact the use of city streets, sidewalks, and public right-of-way; impact the need for city-provided emergency services such as police, fire, or medical aid; or involve an open invitation to the public or a private invitation of 100 or more people.

Examples of events requiring a Special Events Permit include, but are not limited to: block parties, festivals, parades, fun runs or bike rides, concerts and performances, etc.

If you are unsure if your event will require a Special Event Permit, please contact Jessica Kipp at (360) 887-3557.

Why Do You Need A Special Event Permit?

Ridgefield encourages civic, private, and community groups to sponsor Special Events. To do so, the City makes its streets and public right-of-way available for approved events. To promote access, ensure safety of event participants and spectators, and minimize public inconvenience caused by such an event, a Special Event Permit must be obtained prior to the event.

Special Event Permit Application Process

Prior to completing and submitting an application for a Special Event Permit that will require the closing of one or more streets, the City strongly encourages you to speak with your neighbors who may be impacted by the decision. Additionally, please gather all necessary materials and documents prior to submitting your application and submit them together. This will ensure efficient processing of your application.

Documents that may be required vary based on event details. Documents that may be required include:

  • Certificate of Insurance
  • Traffic Control Plan
  • Washington Liquor Control Commission Permit
  • Temporary Restaurant License & Food Handler Certificate
  • Detailed Maps and Event Plans

Application Process:

  1. Complete a Special Event Permit application online or at City Hall. Obtain any additional required permits and documents as outlined on the application form. For example, a Clark County Health Permit is required if you will be serving food at your event.
      1. Submit your completed application at least 60 days prior to event. All Applications are subject to a review process to ensure that the request can be accommodated and to determine if additional information, services, and/or recommendations are required.
      2. Adjust your event according to the recommendations from City Staff, if necessary. The applicant may be asked to attend a review committee meeting in order to provide additional event details, discuss safety concerns or to review your event’s impact on the city and any plans necessary to accommodate those impacts.
      3. Schedule any on-site inspections needed for your event.
      4. Once all required permits and documents have been received and approved, you will receive a Special Event Permit. A copy of the permit must be on site and available on the day of the event.

Reserve a Park

Do you need to reserve space at a park for your event?

With the Facilitron Online Reservation system, you can access photos and descriptions, see real-time availability, submit reservation requests, and pay deposits and rental fees online. Reservation requests may be submitted for 2020 dates beginning January 1, 2020.

Please note that the parks available for reservation through this process include Abrams and Overlook Parks ONLY. Please visit the Ridgefield School District page to reserve Ridgefield Outdoor Recreation Complex (RORC). All other City Parks are available to the public on a first come, first served basis, reservations are not accepted. 

Additional Event Planning Information

Park Use Rules & Regulations

Park Rental Fee Schedule

Special Event Permit Application

This Special Event permit process provides the City of Ridgefield a mechanism to prevent conflicts in use of city property, allow for necessary site/facility preparations, and protect the public’s health, safety, and general welfare. The City of Ridgefield reserves the right to refuse the use of any facilities if permit requirements are not met.

For specific questions regarding Special Event Permits not answered here, please call Jessica Kipp at City Hall, (360) 887-3557.

Stay Connected