Kick off Ridgefield Youth Arts Month with a Color Run in Downtown Ridgefield!
Join us in Overlook Park for Color Run festivities from 9AM to 11:30!
Participate in the 2022 The Ridge Color Run! This all ages event is open to the community.
The Ridge is partnering with the City of Ridgefield for Youth Arts Month to Support Sunset Ridge Intermediate and View Ridge Middle Schools. Join us to run or walk the 2 mile fun run while bring sprayed with color powder at various stations throughout the course. Come early and stay after to enjoy the DJ and party until 11:30AM. Water and some pre-packaged concessions will be available for purchase. 2 mile run/walk on Saturday, March 5 from 10AM-11AM at Overlook Park, 113-131 S Main Ave.
- Early Registration, now through February 21 includes T-Shirt & Color Packet – $20
- Late Registration, February 22-March 5 includes Color Packet only – $25
- Drive Up Packet Pickup: March 4, 4PM-6PM at 3215 S Hillhurst Rd
Register online at https://forms.gle/iqjNmvgngk8UWo3R8 or contact The Ridge at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Month Activities
What else will you find at Overlook Park on Saturday, March 5?
- Arts Month Activity Bags! Visit the City tent while supplies last to pick up a FREE activity bag with take home art projects and a coloring page.
- Activity bag contents include: hand puppets, watercolors, pinwheel, sticker, coloring sheet & crayons and scratch art.
- Downtown Art Quarter Guided Walk! Learn about and visit the art installations in Downtown Ridgefield.
- Color While You Eat! Downtown Restaurants will have butcher paper table cloths and crayons in honor of the Arts Month kick off so everyone can make some art while you have a meal or snack.
“Youth Arts Month was established to emphasize the value of participating in art for all elementary and secondary students. In Ridgefield, Youth Arts Month developed from a tiny spark of an idea. Now it has ignited into a month-long celebration of all the arts during March.” Barbara Wright
Ridgefield Youth Arts Month represents a partnership between Ridgefield School District and the Ridgefield community encouraging young people to take part in artistic endeavors including literary, visual, musical, and performing arts. Youth Arts Month happens throughout the month of March with events taking place at all four district schools as well as at community businesses and organizations. Join Ridgefield School District and the Ridgefield community in encouraging a lifetime of creativity!
Click here to learn more about Youth Arts Month on their website.